These terms set out the basis on which you may post a contribution to Research Framework website. Please read them carefully.
To use the website you must confirm that you are at least 16 years old.
Content of your Contribution
Your Contributions must:
- relate only to specific aspects of the Research Frameworks;
- not be defamatory, offensive, vexatious or unlawful;
- not infringe anyone else’s rights (including intellectual and privacy rights);
- not include personal information about any living third party; and
- not promote or further any business activities or commercial and/or personal financial gain.
Suspension and blocking
If you repeatedly attempt to submit contributions in breach of these Terms or if you repeatedly breach these Terms we may (at our sole discretion) suspend or permanently block your ability to submit a contribution. The decision as to whether you have persistently breached the requirements of these Terms will be at our sole discretion.
Creative Commons License
Materials posted to the Research Frameworks website are released under a CC BY-SA licence (Attribution-ShareAlike). The full text of which is here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode. By submitting materials to the Research Frameworks website you agree to have it released under this licence. An exception to this is made for some images where rights holders have given permission to use the image under the provision they retain all copyright. Unless you inform the Research Frameworks main contact address, before posting an image, that you would like to have this arrangement in regards to retaining copyright, you will be posting under a CC-BY-SA licence. This applies to images only, all other media is covered by CC BY-SA.
Posting Comments – rules of acceptable use
The posting of comments on this website are to be in a private and non-commercial capacity and are for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Comments that are inconsistent with those stated purposes are strictly prohibited.
The posting of comments is subject to the following terms which, by registering on this website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
- You may not place on this website any material (or use any user name) which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing, harmful to children, obscene, offensive, or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate; or which might bring the Research Frameworks into disrepute.
- You may not post any material on this website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
- You may not post any material on this website which compromises or is invasive of the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself; and confirm that you have secured the consent of any person (and, in the case of a child, of those persons who have parental responsibility for such child) who appears, or is referred to, in any material posted by you on the website.
- You may not use multiple log-ins or post duplicate, repetitive or trivial content or content which does not relate to research or other matters associated with the historic environment of the British Isles.
- You may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not place on this website any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- You may not place any links on this website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You may not place on this website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use this website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
- You may not place on this website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or which might interfere with the normal operation of this website or servers or networks connected to this website.
- You agree that the owners of the Research Frameworks website accept no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on this website by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You agree to indemnify the owners of the Research Frameworks website, its management and steering group from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to this website, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our website or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.