A series of period-based summaries has been produced, bringing the Framework up to date in line with current understanding and interpretations and highlighting new research and projects.
These summaries can be accessed using the links below, or accessed via the site menu.
- Palaeolithic to Mesolithic by Lawrence Billington
- Neolithic by Jonathan Last with Zoe Outram and Peter Bye-Jensen
- Early to Middle Bronze Age by Anwen Cooper
- Late Bronze Age to Middle Iron Age by Matt Brudenell
- Late Iron Age to Roman by Christopher Evans
- Early Anglo-Saxon by Catherine Hills
- Middle to Late Anglo-Saxon by Richard Hoggett with Gareth Davies
- Medieval: Rural by Edward Martin
- Medieval: Urban by Abby Antrobus and Brian Ayers
- Post-medieval by David Andrew