The aim of this survey was to provide a baseline level of awareness and use of research frameworks within the built historic environment sector. This provides a starting point both for developing a research framework, and for the themes and topics of discussion during the Autumn 2017 workshops, a summary of which is available here: https://histbeke.org/project_documents/.
The objectives of the survey, therefore, were to:
- identify levels of awareness of research frameworks within the built historic environment sector;
- discover how research frameworks are used within the built historic environment sector;
- identify themes and topics for discussion at workshops;
- identify any areas commonly identified by the sector as under-researched;
- discover areas of current research / projects being undertaken;
- begin to understand how a research framework could be used within, and provide benefits to, the built historic environment sector.